History


The 1st Lawford Scout Group was originally formed in 1948
 
The group orginally held their meetings in a local hall, until in 1957 three former RAF Nissen Huts were errected in Brook Lane off Wignall Street, this was our home until we moved to The Venture Centre in 1998.
 
In 1993 "OUR GANG APPEAL" was launched, its purpose was to raise funds to build a new HQ, The Venture Centre 2000.